As the name implies, these are essential to the website’s core functionality and cannot be disabled. Disabling these cookies will effect the functionality of the site.
All requests to Knowledge Base Online starts a session which stores the IP address in the session data and creates a session cookie in the user's browser. The IP address is used as a security measure to help protect against potential session hijacking attacks and this information is deleted once the session has expired and its data purged. The session cookie's name is based on a randomly generated hash and therefore does not have a constant identifier. The session cookie is destroyed once the session has expired or the user has exited their browser.
Our logging system records the Internet Protocol addresses (IP), Type of browser, Internet Service Provider (ISP), Time Stamp and Number of clicks. These log files are used to record various activity on our site, including information related to core updates, invalid login attempts, unhandled errors, and development information.Please note all of this information is NOT linked to anything that is personally identifiable.
CAPTCHA - Invisible reCAPTCHA
The Invisible reCAPTCHA plugin integrates with Google's reCAPTCHA system as a spam protection service. As part of this service, the IP address of the user answering the captcha challenge is transmitted to Google.
These cookies are disabled by default and users are provided an opt-in prompt to choose the services if required.
Google stores three cookies _ga, _gat_gtag_UA and _gid which are used to analyze user activity in order to improve the Site. We use basic analytics to know information about the visited pages, number of times the page was visited, browser version, user country, device type (Desktop/mobile) and time of visit.We have enabled IP Anonymization and disabled sharing of our analytics data with Google.
One Signal stores a cookie _cfduid which is used if user's subscribe to Push Notifications from our site. This is not enabled by default and user's will be prompted to subscribe or op-out of the push notifications.
This policy contains information about your privacy. By posting, you are declaring that you understand this policy:
- Your name, rating, website address, town, country, state and comment will be publicly displayed if entered.
- Aside from the data entered into these form fields, other stored data about your comment will include:
- Your IP address (not displayed)
- The time/date of your submission (displayed)
- Your email address will not be shared. It is collected for only two reasons:
- Administrative purposes, should a need to contact you arise.
- To inform you of new comments, should you subscribe to receive notifications.
- A cookie may be set on your computer. This is used to remember your inputs. It will expire by itself.
This policy is subject to change at any time and without notice.
These terms and conditions contain rules about posting comments. By submitting a comment, you are declaring that you agree with these rules:
- Although the administrator will attempt to moderate comments, it is impossible for every comment to have been moderated at any given time.
- You acknowledge that all comments express the views and opinions of the original author and not those of the administrator.
- You agree not to post any material which is knowingly false, obscene, hateful, threatening, harassing or invasive of a person's privacy.
- The administrator has the right to edit, move or remove any comment for any reason and without notice.
Failure to comply with these rules may result in being banned from further commenting.
These terms and conditions are subject to change at any time and without notice.